Brass Band World and Kapitol Promotions Ltd., (which promotes and organises the National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain), has joined forces with Foden’s Band to support the Sandbach outfit’s successful annual Solo, Duet and Quartet Competition.
Philip Morris, of Kapitol Promotions, commented: “Besson has supported the competition loyally for many years,...read more
The Championship Section Final of the 2018 National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain will heavily feature in a newly-commissioned Sky Arts programme, to be aired in August/September this year. Please read the full Press Release from Sky Arts below.
PRESS RELEASE FROM SKY ARTS - BATTLE OF THE BRASS BANDSA...read more
The National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain realise the importance of the Association of Brass Band Adjudicators' work in promoting and supporting the art of brass band adjudication, including nurturing the next generation of adjudicating talent. Therefore, the "Nationals" has once again agreed for four Trainee Adjudicators to be present...read more
Kapitol Promotions Ltd is delighted to announce the full list of adjudicators that will be casting their expert
judgment over the two Finals events later this year:
CHAMPIONSHIP SECTION FINAL
Dr Robert Childs, Alan Morrison, Rob Wiffin
https://www.aobba.com/user/robertchilds/ | https://www.aobba.com/user/alanmorrison/
SECTION 1 FINAL
Gary Davies, Howard Evans, Glyn Williams
https://www.aobba.com/user/garydavies/ | https://www.aobba.com/user/howardjevans/
Tickets are now onsale for the most prestigious brass band competition in the world: the Championship Section Final of the National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain.
Held this year on Saturday 12th October 2019 at London's iconic Royal Albert Hall, the event will feature twenty of the finest brass bands in...read more
Following on from the announcement via our social media platforms last weekend, we are delighted to publish more information regarding the chosen set test-pieces for this year's Finals events. Please see below.
SECTION 4 - BEECHER VARIATIONS (STEPHEN BULLA)
Duration: 12 minutes
Published by De Haske...read more
Kapitol Promotions Ltd is delighted to announce that it will be organising the Spring Festival of the Welsh Brass Band League 2019, on behalf of the South East Wales Brass Band Association.
The Spring Festival, the first leg of the three-event Welsh Brass Band League 2019, will take place at...read more
Championship SectionTest Piece: Seascapes (Ray Steadman-Allen)Adjudicators: David Hirst & Roger Webster
1. Tredegar (Ian Porthouse)***2. Northop Silver (John Doyle)*3. Cory (Philip Harper)**4. City of Cardiff (Melingriffith) M1 (Garry Cutt)5. Llwydcoed (Christopher Turner)6. Ebbw Valley (Gareth Ritter)7. Tongwynlais Temperance (Gareth Hann)
* Cory pre-qualified for the National Final** Northop qualify for National Final*** Tredegar...read more
Championship SectionTest Piece: Seascapes (Ray Steadman-Allen)Adjudicators: Dr Robert Childs & Michael Fowles
1. Friary (Chris King)*2. Zone One (Richard Ward)*3. Redbridge (Dr David Thornton)4. Haverhill Silver (Paul Filby)5. Wantage (Paul Holland)6. Aveley & Newham (Alan Duguid)7. Kidlington Concert (Duncan Wilson)8. East London (Jayne Murrill)9. Thundersley (Melvin White)10. Jersey Premier (Simon Jones)11. Hitchin...read more
Championship SectionTest Piece: Seascapes (Ray Steadman-Allen)Adjudicators: Major David Barringer MBE & Ludovic Neurohr
1. Flowers (Paul Holland)*2. Aldbourne (Dr David Thornton)*3. Filton Concert Brass (Tom Davoren)4. Woodfalls (Dr Robert Childs)5. Camborne Town (Kevin Mackenzie)6. St Dennis (Darren R Hawken)7. Verwood Concert Brass (Kevin Smith)8. Lydbrook (Glyn Williams)9. St Austell Town (Iain McKnight)10....read more
The Welsh Regional Championships 2019 are to be held at the William Aston Hall, Wrexham over the weekend of Saturday 16th / Sunday 17th March.
The format of the weekend is below:
SATURDAY 16 MARCH
Brian Rostron / Sheona White
Sarah Groarke-Booth / David Hirst
Sheona White / Roger Webster...read more
CHAMPIONSHIP SECTIONTest Piece: Seascapes (Ray Steadman-Allen)Adjudicators: Stephen Roberts and Steve Sykes
1. Brighouse & Rastrick (Dr David Thornton)**2. Grimethorpe Colliery (Allan Withington)*3. Carlton Main Frickley Colliery (Ian Porthouse)*4. Rothwell Temperance (David Roberts)5. City of Bradford (Lee Skipsey)6. Black Dyke (Prof. Nicholas J Childs)**7. Hepworth (Mark Bentham)8. Elland Silver (Daniel Brooks)9. Skelmanthorpe (Martin...read more
The publisher of the set-test piece "Seascapes" (R Smith & Co.) has just released two small corrections for the work, as well as background information of the work that's not supplied in the new version of the score.
Please click the link to download the general information about 'Seascapes': /download.php?id=1446058616
You can find...read more
Kirklees Music has just issued an official errata for Darrol Barry's "Rise of the Phoenix", the set test-piece for the Section 2 Regional Championships. Please click this link to find out the two small amendments: http://www.nationalbrassbandchampionships.com/regionals/errata...read more
After further consultation, an updated errata has been released for this work. Please click here to find out more:
Note: there will be no further amendments to this errata, and this is the copy that the adjudicators for each Region will be supplied with. #regionals2019#regs2019...read more
The distributors of the Section 3 Regional Championships set test-piece have just released an errata for this work, which has been emailed to all of the Regional Secretaries for circulation to their region's competing bands.
Please click the following link to find out more: http://www.nationalbrassbandchampionships.com/regionals/errata...read more