Tickets are now onsale for the most prestigious brass band competition in the world: the Championship Section Final of the National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain.
Held this year on Saturday 12th October 2019 at London's iconic Royal Albert Hall, the event will feature twenty of the finest brass bands in...read more
Following on from the announcement via our social media platforms last weekend, we are delighted to publish more information regarding the chosen set test-pieces for this year's Finals events. Please see below.
SECTION 4 - BEECHER VARIATIONS (STEPHEN BULLA)
Duration: 12 minutes
Published by De Haske...read more
Kapitol Promotions Ltd is delighted to announce that it will be organising the Spring Festival of the Welsh Brass Band League 2019, on behalf of the South East Wales Brass Band Association.
The Spring Festival, the first leg of the three-event Welsh Brass Band League 2019, will take place at...read more
Championship SectionTest Piece: Seascapes (Ray Steadman-Allen)Adjudicators: David Hirst & Roger Webster
1. Tredegar (Ian Porthouse)***2. Northop Silver (John Doyle)*3. Cory (Philip Harper)**4. City of Cardiff (Melingriffith) M1 (Garry Cutt)5. Llwydcoed (Christopher Turner)6. Ebbw Valley (Gareth Ritter)7. Tongwynlais Temperance (Gareth Hann)
* Cory pre-qualified for the National Final** Northop qualify for National Final*** Tredegar...read more
Championship SectionTest Piece: Seascapes (Ray Steadman-Allen)Adjudicators: Dr Robert Childs & Michael Fowles
1. Friary (Chris King)*2. Zone One (Richard Ward)*3. Redbridge (Dr David Thornton)4. Haverhill Silver (Paul Filby)5. Wantage (Paul Holland)6. Aveley & Newham (Alan Duguid)7. Kidlington Concert (Duncan Wilson)8. East London (Jayne Murrill)9. Thundersley (Melvin White)10. Jersey Premier (Simon Jones)11. Hitchin...read more
Championship SectionTest Piece: Seascapes (Ray Steadman-Allen)Adjudicators: Major David Barringer MBE & Ludovic Neurohr
1. Flowers (Paul Holland)*2. Aldbourne (Dr David Thornton)*3. Filton Concert Brass (Tom Davoren)4. Woodfalls (Dr Robert Childs)5. Camborne Town (Kevin Mackenzie)6. St Dennis (Darren R Hawken)7. Verwood Concert Brass (Kevin Smith)8. Lydbrook (Glyn Williams)9. St Austell Town (Iain McKnight)10....read more
The Welsh Regional Championships 2019 are to be held at the William Aston Hall, Wrexham over the weekend of Saturday 16th / Sunday 17th March.
The format of the weekend is below:
SATURDAY 16 MARCH
Brian Rostron / Sheona White
Sarah Groarke-Booth / David Hirst
Sheona White / Roger Webster...read more
CHAMPIONSHIP SECTIONTest Piece: Seascapes (Ray Steadman-Allen)Adjudicators: Stephen Roberts and Steve Sykes
1. Brighouse & Rastrick (Dr David Thornton)**2. Grimethorpe Colliery (Allan Withington)*3. Carlton Main Frickley Colliery (Ian Porthouse)*4. Rothwell Temperance (David Roberts)5. City of Bradford (Lee Skipsey)6. Black Dyke (Prof. Nicholas J Childs)**7. Hepworth (Mark Bentham)8. Elland Silver (Daniel Brooks)9. Skelmanthorpe (Martin...read more
The publisher of the set-test piece "Seascapes" (R Smith & Co.) has just released two small corrections for the work, as well as background information of the work that's not supplied in the new version of the score.
Please click the link to download the general information about 'Seascapes': /download.php?id=1446058616
You can find...read more
Kirklees Music has just issued an official errata for Darrol Barry's "Rise of the Phoenix", the set test-piece for the Section 2 Regional Championships. Please click this link to find out the two small amendments: http://www.nationalbrassbandchampionships.com/regionals/errata...read more
After further consultation, an updated errata has been released for this work. Please click here to find out more:
Note: there will be no further amendments to this errata, and this is the copy that the adjudicators for each Region will be supplied with. #regionals2019#regs2019...read more
The distributors of the Section 3 Regional Championships set test-piece have just released an errata for this work, which has been emailed to all of the Regional Secretaries for circulation to their region's competing bands.
Please click the following link to find out more: http://www.nationalbrassbandchampionships.com/regionals/errata...read more
The comprehensive list of adjudicators for the Regional Championships 2019 has now been published.
The eight Regional Committees, who each organise their own Regional contest, have submitted their list of the men & women tasked with the all-important task of deciding the winners and losers in each Section. Please click the link...read more
Kapitol Promotions is delighted to announce that the Band of the King's Division will be providing a Fanfare Team for the Championship Section Final this Saturday.
Appearing by kind permission of the Corps of Army Music, they will perform a heraldic fanfare to begin the Results Ceremony at the end of the...read more
Kapitol Promotions is delighted to announce that the Championship Section Final of the National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain 2018 will feature in a brand-new Sky Arts programme, to be aired in spring 2019.
“Brass Bands” (working title) is a brand new docuseries that celebrates the world of brass bands. The...read more
Kapitol Promotions is delighted to announce that the RAF Squadronaires, or the "Squads" for short, will perform a Gala Concert before the Results Ceremony of the Championship Section Final at London's Royal Albert Hall on Saturday 6th October.
The RAF Squadronaires is regarded as one of the UK’s finest big bands,...read more